Creamy Pumpkin Soup



I had purchased a whole bunch of ingredients to make two kinds of scones last Sunday. My plan was to make pumpkin scones and cinnamon scones. After I made the cinnamon scones, I changed my mind and didn't make the pumpkin scones. (I still plan on making the pumpkin ones though!) As a result, I decided last minute tonight to use the pumpkin I bought and I came up with a recipe for creamy pumpkin soup, which my taste buds were in the mood for. I was pleased with this rich in beta carotene good-for-the-eyes- soup that I'm posting it right away! 

Ingredients:
1/2 cup of margarine
6 Tbsp of whole wheat flour
2 cups of almond milk
3 tsp McKay's Beef-like powdered broth
1 can (15 oz) Pumpkin puree
1 chopped onion, chopped into very small pieces
6 cloves of garlic, minced and chopped into very small pieces
Pepper to taste
Dash of cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg
Cilantro for garnishing (optional)

Directions:

In a medium-sized saucepan and on medium heat, combine margarine and whole wheat flour. Stir for a few seconds then add the almond milk and McKay's seasoning broth. Add pumpkin. Stir until well blended.  Add the onions and garlic, pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg.  Stir well until everything is blended.  Just in case you don't want the soup to be thick, then add a little bit more almond milk.  Otherwise, stir and heat until soup is desired texture and temperature. Garnish as desired.

This doesn't take long to prepare! 

******

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zonulin: GI Friend or Foe?

Lentil Potato Loaf

Back to Basics: Gut Health Definitions